Date: Nov 2017
About JF Recruiting
JR-Recruiting is one of the world's leading Yacht Crew hire agency with 3,000 jobs posted annually, providing evaluation and hiring in record time having a industry-leading web portal.
JF-Recruiting infrastructure is hosted on Microsoft Azure cloud environment. As Azure experts, we evaluated the whole JF Recruiting Azure infrastructure and recommended our suggestions.
There is a total of about 48,000 registered users on this website, so performance and uptime is crucial while making sure our solution is cost-effective.
- Performance Tuning
- Azure Optimisations
- Cost Analysis
- Analyse existing backup solutions
- Analyse geo-availability
- Analyse database server query performance
- Analyse resouce-wise cost utilization
- Run a security audit of the website
Our solution was to run our full-audit, and analysis of the Azure infrastructure.
We evaluated the infrastructure and looked into every aspect of the website including the set up and configuration.
What we have accomplished:
- Provided a overall view of the whole Azure infrastructure which is easy to observe.
- Ran a database query performance analysis - ran our tuning.
- Analysed the existing backup solution which had it's limitation. We came up with a plan and provided a resilient backup solution.
- Ran a database tuning, which showed increase in performance.
- Provided viable assistance on Geo-Availability.
- Ran load testing on the website.
- Ran security optimisation on the website.
- Ultimately we analysed resource cost, re-evaluated the configuration, evaluated the resource-requirements, released resources where viable.
- Released unused resources.
- Database server showed 5x improvement in performance.
- Website became more secure.
- Cost of database server reduced by 75%.
- Overall Azure cost reduced by 30%.
- Brought cost saving which otherwise would have been wasted.